We are always looking for new, innovative ways to deliver the best experience for our customers, whether through technology, programming or the value we provide
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DishLATINO today launched “ZONA FÚTBOL,” a platform that combines features and programming to enhance the soccer viewing experience, making it easy for fans to find their team, check scores, watch up to six games at once, enjoy the action on the go and connect with other fans via social media from their TV screen. The experience is available to all DishLATINO customers with the Hopper DVR and comes at no additional cost.
“We are always looking for new, innovative ways to deliver the best experience for our customers, whether through technology, programming or the value we provide,” said Alfredo Rodriguez, vice president of DishLATINO. “Soccer fans are incredibly passionate, loyal and dedicated, and we developed ZONA FÚTBOL to ensure they can maximize their viewing experience, whether watching six games in their living room or one game on the go.”
Zona Fútbol provides customers:
- Multi-Channel View, enabling viewers to watch up to six games at once. The view shows six tiles on one screen, with each tile airing content from a different channel. The six featured channels will rotate based on the soccer calendar from among several top channels. Fans can access the multi-channel view via the ZONA FÚTBOL tile on the Hopper or on channel 870 (also on the Hopper).
- Top leagues and tournaments, including Liga MX, La Liga, English Premier League, Serie A, Ligue 1, MLS, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League, Copa Libertadores, and the International Champions Cup, bringing those who can’t live without soccer more than 1,000 games through the end of the year.
- Game Finder/ Guía de Partidos, an app that makes it easy to find game dates, schedules and scores all in one place. Fans can customize the app to display their favorite teams.
- On-the-go viewing with DISH Anywhere so fans can catch live and recorded games (and the rest of their English and Spanish programming) on the go via an Internet-connected tablet, smartphone or computer.
- Social app that displays Tweets about major soccer events and trends and displays the feed in a column to the right of the viewer’s screen. Fans can also use the app to sign in to their own Twitter account and follow the feed while watching a game.
To raise awareness of ZONA FÚTBOL and its features, DishLATINO launched a new television ad today illustrating how the enjoyment of soccer has evolved over time. The spot will run during prime-time and takes viewers through a journey that begins with radio and culminates with today’s high-tech features including the ability to connect with other fans via a social app.
Additionally, DishLATINO has secured popular television sportscaster Fernando Fiore to help educate customers about the company’s offerings for soccer fans. Existing customers will see a new ad in which Fiore discusses soccer content in a sports news show style format.
The ZONA FÚTBOL experience has been automatically added to Hopper devices via a software update. Customers can access the apps via the “quick launch” bar by pressing the blue key on the remote. More information on ZONA FÚTBOL can be found at www.dishlatino.com/futbol.
DishLATINO is the market-leading suite of English and Spanish language programming packages in the United States. It offers its customers more than 40 Spanish-language news, entertainment, and sports channels in combination with DISH’s broad English-language programming lineup of more than 200 channels. DishLATINO customers can receive the Hopper, the industry’s most awarded DVR, and take advantage of in-language customer service as well as payment options such as FlexTV, a no-term contract, prepaid pay-TV product.
DISH Network Corp. (NASDAQ: DISH), through its subsidiaries, provides approximately 13.844 million pay-TV subscribers, as of March 31, 2015, with the highest-quality programming and technology with the most choices at the best value. Subscribers enjoy a high definition line-up with more than 200 national HD channels, the most international channels, and award-winning HD and DVR technology. DISH Network Corporation is a Fortune 250 company. Visit www.dish.com.
Subscribe to DISH email alerts: http://about.dish.com/alerts
Follow @DISHNews on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DISHNews