I am proud of our team members’ contributions and of our shared cultural values – Curiosity, Pride, Adventure and Winning – that bring corporate citizenship at DISH to life.
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- July 20, 2017 --(BUSINESS WIRE)--DISH published its 2016 Corporate Citizenship Report today, highlighting the achievements of DISH Cares, the company’s corporate social responsibility program. Consistent with the company’s pledge to put customers first, the report highlights how DISH is tuned into the needs of local communities.
“DISH team members come to work each day to serve our customers. This commitment to service extends into the communities where we live and work as team members invest time to better the lives of our neighbors,” says Erik Carlson, President & Chief Operating Officer. “I am proud of our team members’ contributions and of our shared cultural values – Curiosity, Pride, Adventure and Winning – that bring corporate citizenship at DISH to life.”
The DISH Corporate Citizenship Report is available online at http://about.dish.com/dish-cares. It outlines achievements in each of the DISH Cares pillars – Our People, Our Communities and Our Planet – including the below highlights:
- Our People: We maintain a safe, healthy, and productive workplace, and provide training and development opportunities to ensure that all of our team members have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
- 3,241 DISH team members completed 30,000 hours of LEAD training, DISH’s flagship leadership development program.
- 18 events were hosted by the DISH Women’s Network, including the Leader Series, which invites female executives to speak about their career journeys and leadership experiences.
- Our Communities: We leverage our technology and our talented workforce to make a positive impact in the communities where we live and work.
- 33,400 hours of internet & TV service was provided to disaster relief organizations and their workers at relief sites.
- 6,756 hours of service to nonprofits by DISH Cares teams.
- Our Planet: We understand our role as stewards of the environment, and strive to reduce our footprint across the entire value chain.
- 78,000 trees planted across Colorado, Texas and Virginia in partnership with our customers and American Forests.
- 3 million pounds of cardboard waste eliminated annually by the implementation of a new, reusable packaging material and process for receivers.
To learn more about DISH’s commitment to corporate citizenship, visit: http://about.dish.com/dish-cares.
DISH Network Corp. (NASDAQ:DISH), through its subsidiaries, provides approximately 13.528 million pay-TV subscribers, as of March 31, 2017, with the highest-quality programming and technology with the most choices at the best value. DISH offers a high definition line-up with more than 200 national HD channels, the most international channels and award-winning HD and DVR technology. DISH Network Corporation is a Fortune 200 company. Visit www.dish.com.