Consumers’ purchase decisions are often closely tied to value, and our new campaign highlights DISH’s undeniable advantage in price plus technology over DirecTV
ENGLEWOOD, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--DISH Network L.L.C. (NASDAQ: DISH) announced today that it launched a value-themed campaign targeting DirecTV customers. The promotion, which runs through April 8, highlights the savings that DirecTV customers receive when they switch to DISH. The campaign challenges DirecTV customers to ask themselves “Why pay more?” for the same programming and service they get with DirecTV. On average, DirecTV customers spend approximately $250 more annually than DISH customers.
“Consumers’ purchase decisions are often closely tied to value, and our new campaign highlights DISH’s undeniable advantage in price plus technology over DirecTV,” said James Moorhead, senior vice president and chief marketing officer. “With DISH, customers get the same channels, shows and the sports they love, and we save them hundreds in their first year. When combined with the industry’s most awarded DVR, the Hopper, choosing DISH becomes an easy decision.”
To illustrate the value of its service, DISH created a series of short videos asking real consumers what they would do for $250. The series, released on DISH’s Twitter and Facebook pages, reveals how far consumers are willing to go in order to get $250. The videos highlight that people do not need to go to extreme lengths to save money; they can save $250 by switching to DISH. The complete video set is available on the DISH Challenge website, as well as DISH’s YouTubechannel.
How to take the DISH Challenge
DirecTV customers interested in taking advantage of this limited-time offer will need to complete the following steps:
- Customers should visit DISHChallenge.com to see a price comparison. To see if they qualify for the promotion, customers can chat live with a representative from the DISH Challenge website, or call DISH at 1-800-CALL-DISH (1-800-2255-3474) and ask to take the Challenge.
- If the customer qualifies, a DISH customer service representative will work with the customer to determine the best package for their home and interests.
- The customer will then need to set up an appointment for installation.
- If DISH is not able to save the new customer $250 in their first year, the customer will need to submit their last DirecTV bill for online verification.
Other requirements of the DISH Challenge
- Promotional prices will require a 24-month commitment with AutoPay and Paperless Billing, as well as a credit qualification. The offer will not be available in Puerto Rico or USVI.
- To participate in the Challenge, new customers must chat live with a representative from the DISH Challenge website or call DISH at 1-800-CALL-DISH (1-800-2255-3474) and ask to take the DISH “Challenge.”
- If the customer’s first year savings are determined to be less than $250 after switching to DISH, the customer will be eligible for a $250 prepaid card after new service activation.
- Savings calculations are based on an annualized comparison of the customer’s last monthly DirecTV bill and their first DISH bill for comparable services and equipment, as determined by DISH.
- Requires online validation of the new customer’s last monthly DirecTV bill within 60 days of activation. Customers should expect to allow 6-8 weeks for the delivery of the prepaid card.
DISH Network Corp. (NASDAQ: DISH), through its subsidiary DISH Network L.L.C., provides approximately 14.041 million satellite TV customers, as of Sept. 30, 2014, with the highest-quality programming and technology with the most choices at the best value. Subscribers enjoy a high definition line-up with more than 200 national HD channels, the most international channels, and award-winning HD and DVR technology. DISH Network Corp. is a Fortune 250 company. Visit www.dish.com.
Subscribe to DISH email alerts: http://about.dish.com/alerts
Follow us on Twitter @DISHNews: http://www.twitter.com/DISHNews